Tuesday, August 28, 2007

CHINESE COINS

I'm not exactly making this a daily chore,as it's been 22 days since my previous posting.

Like a lot of bloggers,I have lots of ideas on everything that happens in the world,but I personally am not overactive in any field.

So my latest non-confrontative interest is starting up a collection of Chinese coins.This comes from my interest in Chinese things generally,including when I am old enough,to marry a suitable highly intelligent girl of Chinese descent.I'm only 63 yet,so mustn't rush things.

Anyway, I bought a Hartill catalog on ancient Chinese coins,which has mainly those little ones with the square hole in the middle,but also much older money in the shape of knives,spades,bells,cowries,etc. The early money tended to be small copies of useful everday items.

Then I draged out the few Chinese coins I already had,and bought from overseas maybe 150 coins,all very old,mainly the ones with the square holes,but one ancient knife money also.The knife mney was from roughly 200 BCE.

Only problem now is that I have to learn to read Chinese. Ward.


No comments: